by Moray McLaren (MC12)
I have been speaking to Anne and other Meyler Campbell friends about the possibility of organising an annual retreat for the community. Anne has kindly agreed to circulate this exploratory note.
The idea is to host a weekend retreat – where we can catch-up with friends, recharge batteries and have some interesting conversations – while enjoying the great food, wine and autumn sun in Barcelona.
I live in Spain and when Anne told me that 2012 is the 10th Anniversary of the first Meyler Campbell graduates, it seemed like too good an opportunity to miss.
At the same time, I know how busy everyone is and that our personal time is very precious. Before putting this into action, I would really welcome some feedback on what would make this a success, our annual social and learning weekend together in the Catalan countryside.
- What are the hot topics we should be discussing?
- Who are the inspirational people we would like to hear / get to know?
- How best to relax and spend time getting to know each other?
(I am also tempted to ask, should we bring along our significant others – my wife hears so much about Meyler Campbell that she would be curious to meet you all).
No surprises that the suggestions I have received to date have been the fun stuff… hill walking along the coast, morning yoga / mindfullness, wine tasting, long lunches and great company.
Needless to say, I am looking forward to hearing what you think. My e-mail address is email@example.com. Please copy my secretary Paula who will be coordinating the responses (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Meyler-Campbell 10th Anniversary Retreat
- Sitges, the upmarket resort of Barcelona
- A 20 minute taxi ride from Barcelona Airport
- Dolce Sitges, a 5 Star, purpose built hotel spa and education centre on the beach
- Late September / early November 2012
- When England gets cold and Barcelona is still enjoying the autumn warmth
- We will circulate potential dates to those who are interested in attending
- Hotel: http://www.dolcesitges.com/photo-gallery/photo-gallery
- Sitges: http://www.gositges.com/photo-gallery/photogallery.html
- Barcelona: http://www.barcelona-travelguide.com/pictures/barcelona-photo-gallery.html