by Meyler Campbell
You may have noticed that at Meyler Campbell we have been avidly supporting Anne Waldron’s tandem skydive jump on behalf of Breakthrough Breast Cancer through a couple of fundraising business events in which all proceeds going towards this amazing cause.
- Anne Scoular Fishbowl on ‘Big Five’ Coaching –14 June, 4-6pm – £85 donation
- Coaching Cats – an exploration of coaching in the legal profession 21 June – £60 donation
Please go to the following link for details http://www.meylercampbell.com/news/giving-back.html
How your money has helped
The money you help to raise has been fundamental in the fight against breast cancer. This week, three major pieces of research have been published by Breakthrough Breast Cancer. All have been funded in part by Breakthrough, with involvement from two of key scientists, Professors Jorge Reis-Filho and Andrew Tutt.
They have helped reveal:
- Nine new genes which drive the development of breast cancer – a huge leap forward.
- A greater understanding of how breast cancer develops even at its very earliest stages. This means that we should, in the future, be able to detect problems earlier so that a woman can receive treatment before her cancer progresses.
- A previously unknown process that happens to the cells in the body and which is a driver in breast cancer development. By understanding this process we hope to be able to create targeted treatments in the future which, for example, might be able to stop the cancer from developing.
The ramifications of this work in terms of how we diagnose, treat and prevent the disease are potentially huge. You can read more about these on the breakthrough breast cancer website
This work shows how far we have come since Breakthrough was founded 20 years ago. But it also shows how important it is that we carry on, and work harder and faster, until we reach a point when breast cancer is a disease which is no longer life-threatening.
Your support has been vital in helping us to get this far. It is now needed more than ever.
We’d love to see you at one of these fundraising events, it’s for a great cause and even if you are unable to make it, you can still make a donation via uk.virginmoneygiving.com/AnneWaldron.